We could talk about our product, but we prefer to let our customers do the talking!
This is a list of police departments, military organizations, gun clubs and other commercial companies that have purchased and use our targets.
Also read an article reviewing our targets by the Staff of Manhattan Shooting Excursions.
The folowing is a certificate and test and evaluation analysis from the Officers and Solders of the 2nd Battalion, 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne), the United States Army.
DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
COMPANY D, 2nd BATTALION
5th SPECIAL FORCES GROUP (AIRBORNE)
FORT CAMPBELL, KENTUCKY 4223-6214
1 MARCH 2004
SUBJECT: Test and Evaluation
1. This test and evaluation is for Auto Reset Popper,by Metal Spinning Targets, www.metaltagets.com, Mr. David A. Kasinski.
2. Test was performed using standard Army M885, 5.56 ball and M118, 7.62 Match grade ammunition.
- M885, 5.56 ball were fired from Colt M4A1, (14.5" barrel); FN 2000, (16" barrel), (Test Prototype); M118, 7.62 Match grade were fired from M24 Sniper Weapon (Remington 700); Knight Armament SR-25.
- Tests, distances and weapons:
- M855, 5.56 ball, 100m; 200m and 300m with M4A1 and FN 2000.
- M118, 7.62 Match grade, 300m: 500m; 700m and 850m.
- Results from testing:
- In the FN 2000 and the M4A1, effective visual reaction to the force of impact is seen as well as heard. It is in fact more visible at 100m than it is at 200m or 300m. At 100m the target is spotted (mark of impact of the bullet), the "clang" of impact is heard and the popper sways back and resets. At 200m the target is spotted, the popper sways back slightly and the "clang" of impact is heard. At 300m the target is spotted, the popper sways back slightly and the "clang" of impact is heard.
- In the M24 Sniper Weapon and the Knight Armament SR-25, effective visual reaction to the force of impact is seen more then heard. At 300m the target is spotted, the popper is thrust back and resets, and is heard in a delay of time. At 500m the target is spotted, the popper is thrust back and resets, and is heard in a delay of time. With both the 700m and 850m the target is spotted, the popper sways back and resets, and is heard in a delay of time.
3. Initial testing was performed at Fort Campbell Ranges and user reaction to the target system was common across the board. "User friendly, simple and effective training tool, unlike the LaRue Mechanized Silhouettes, requires no battery recharging, all you have to do is repaint the surface when excessive spotting. Movement and setup is a one-man job, unlike some systems that require a two-man lift, and movement is a major tasking."
Several actual comments follow.
"If the standard military qualification ranges utilized this type of target, soldiers would get immediate feedback and would greatly improve their shooting abilities and confidence."
This is the type of target that I'd like to have at my home for my use and hunting preparation."
"Best metal I've ever used, more cost effective than bulky mechanical targets, and better feedback than paper, not to mention no walking."
The best made, best use, lowest maintenance popper target available."
Synopsis - The Metal Spinning Target's, Auto-Reset Popper is superior and more cost effective than current target systems being purchased. The quality control and design is simple and extremely effective for a wide range of applications. As with most things, the more gizmo's and gadget's you add to them, the more fragile, expensive, and hard to fix, this is the best tool for reactionary shooting.
4. Recommend purchasing 25 Auto-Reset poppers per Battalion for deployment range building. Ranges would consist of M4A1 - 100m; 150m; 200m; 250m and 300m for 5 lanes. M24 - 300m; 500m; 700m; 850m and 1000m and variations in between. This would give each Battalion the flexibility to design and setup variations, challenging and improvement scenarios. Also recommend researching dueling trees and plate rack systems for use and positive reaction training for operational teams.